IMAP will allow you to retrieve emails and folders from SmarterMail and leave the emails on the server.
Follow these steps to setup an IMAP Account on your Android Phone
- On your Android device, navigate to the settings menu
- Click Accounts & Sync
- Click Add Account.
- Select Email as the account type
- Select IMAP as the protocol.
- Complete the Email Address, Username (also email address) and Password fields.
- In the IMAP Server field type in your mail servers hostname (typically the same as your webmail address).
- Click Next.
- Enter your Outgoing Server Settings :
- For the Username field type in your full email address.
- Type in your password
- In the SMTP Server field type in your mail servers hostname (typically the same as your webmail address).
- Set the security type to SSL, and use port 465 (if port 465 doesn't work, try using port 587).
- Click next and then save your details.
- Your mail account is now ready for use.